Matthew 5:14 You are the light of the world, like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden.
Unless you live on a remote island or choose to live in some kind of a secret hideout … off the grid … in the middle of nowhere…
SOMEBODY’S WATCHING YOU.
- They watch the way you walk.
- They notice what you are wearing.
- People pay attention to what you are driving.
- Women pay attention to another woman’s purse and accessories.
- People look at you when you’re standing at a bus stop.
- Your neighbors pay attention when you go inside your home.
- Some people particularly notice your shoes, and some see only your watch.
You are being observed when you shop for groceries, walk into an office building, or rush through an airport.
Matthew 5:15 Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house.
NEVER HIDE WHAT GOD HAS DONE FOR YOU … People want an explanation.
NEVER HIDE WHAT GOD HAS GIVEN YOU … People are wondering about you.
Matthew 5:16 In the same way, let your light “SHINE” before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.
PROPS ARE … THE THINGS THAT GOD HAS DONE FOR YOU.
PROPS ARE … THE THINGS THAT GOD HAS GIVEN YOU.
“SHINE” means … to give off or reflect light.
- PROPS CREATE INTEREST.
- PROPS CREATE QUESTIONS.
- PROPS CREATE CRITICISM.
Proverbs 10:22 The blessing of the Lord makes rich and adds no sorrow to it.
Props don’t take God’s place … PROPS reflect God’s goodness …
THE BLESSING OF THE PROPS … is to make God look GOOD because HE IS.
THE BLESSING OF THE PROPS … is to make the world take notice because THEY MUST.
THE BLESSING OF THE PROPS … is to make the devil out to be a liar because he always HAS BEEN.
- Never apologize for what God has given you. It’s an insult to the ONE who blessed you.
- Never think that you did any of it … all on your own.
Psalms 34:8 O taste and see that the LORD is good: Blessed is the man that trusts in HIM.
Psalms 103:1 Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name! v.2 Bless the Lord, o my soul, and forget not all his benefits.
THE BLESSING OF THE PROPS … is for your benefit … because GOD knew you desired it.
- ENJOY THE PROPS
1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV So whether you eat or drink or WHATEVER YOU DO, do it all for the glory of God.
- Enjoy your home … for the Glory of God.
- Drive your car … for the Glory of God.
- Wear that dress, sport those sneakers, and carry that purse.
- Wear that watch … ALL FOR THE GLORY OF GOD.
- If you have a boat … enjoy that boat … ALSO … for the glory of God.
- TELL EVERYBODY “WHO” … THE PROPS CAME FROM.
- YOU DON’T HAVE TO HIDE YOUR PROPS
- YOU DON’T HAVE TO LIE ABOUT YOUR PROPS
3 JOHN 2 Beloved, I pray that you may prosper and be in health, just as your soul prospers.
PROPS … MUST NEVER CORRUPT YOUR PRIORITIES.
PROPS CHANGE … PEOPLE CHANGE … PLACES CHANGE … WE CHANGE.
Malachi 3:6 Because I, the LORD, do not change…
Continue to walk with God. Read His word. Fellowship with other believers. Never be afraid to ask for prayer.
AND EVER BE ASHAMED TO TELL OTHERS ABOUT THE GOODNESS OF GOD IN YOUR LIFE.
BURN BRIGHT FOR JESUS. PRAY FOR OTHER PEOPLE WITHOUT FEAR.
- FIND WAYS TO GIVE GOD MORE …
- FIND WAYS TO LOVE THE LORD DEEPER …
ASK GOD TO USE YOU … IN GREATER WAYS THAN EVER BEFORE!
I love you. You are the only reason that I do this. God has you on His mind.
Thank you for reading this,